- Type a draft message to someone with unusual name
- Long-tap their name when it's underlined in red, "Add to dictionary"
- Keep typing
- Notice that the name is still red.
Happens on Android 11, Moto_G_Stylus
Happens on Android 11, Moto_G_Stylus
Recently Swiftkey has started behaving strangely. At first I thought it was just a case of 'auto space' being turned off somehow (although I didn't do that) - but then (after totally failing to find any way to turn auto space on or off - despite following multiple online instructions) I realised it's worse than that.
When I type or flow several words, swiftkey will randomly remove the spaces between them - even if I manually typed those spaces!? Not always, but often enough that I look like a barely literate typer - and this makes the tool completely unusable. I've had to go back to the - totally unintuitive - iOS keyboard.
Can someone please tell me what's going on, and - more importantly - how to get back to the usual Swiftkey operation that I have come to depend on?
Starting with Android 10, SwiftKey does auto-capitalization for Georgian language.
The problem is, Georgian does NOT have capital letters, so SwiftKey puts some weird Mtavruli script letters in their place, making the letters appear very weird when the text is sent to other systems.
To reproduce: Enable "Auto capitalize" feature in SwiftKey on Android 10. Type and send Georgian text in a facebook message to someone. Open that message on a Windows 7 computer - you will see a square as the first letter. Opening it on some other systems also exposes the problem - the first letters just look weird (e.g. on openSUSE Linux).
I would disable "Auto capitalize", but it's a global option for all languages and I still want it in English.
P.S. Gboard also had this problem, but they fixed it very soon after Android 10 release.
El portapapeles sirve para guardar textos q nosotros copiamos.. Pero yo tengo el problema de que todo lo que copeo se borra del portapapeles al pasar un día.....
Yo quisiera que todo se quedara hasta almenos 1 semana hay algo para ampliar el plazo que se queda. Lo que copeo
I cannot get to my swiftkey data on iOS and neither into my data on windows.
When I go to "view and manage your data" from my account (which is a Microsoft account), I get to the page data.swiftkey.com on my iPhone's browser (Safari, but I also tried Edge with the same result). Then I am asked to sign in, but I consequently get the following message:
Whatever I try, I cannot get in and stay in this same loop.
I use an iPhone 12, with iOS 14.6 and Swiftkey version 2.9.1
I'm a senior IT systems engineer with MS creds. I just spent nearly three hours trying to get windows to sync my clipboard to/from my "ANDROID" device. Dont waste your time unless you have a Samsung (or win10 device).
But there's clear instructions... even MS support clearly indicating "Android". Just configure Windows clipboard sync, then configure "Your Phone", which then sends a link to your android for the app "Your Phone Companion" to complete the link. That was handy. Only when it's all setup and I'm in the app and see the clipboard sync feature missing that i dig into some MS support forums, follow their clear "Android" instructions, which for some reason takes me to Samsung support. Oh they have a unique app which works.
But then I discovered lots of articles and forum posts up to 3 years old talking about how MS Swiftkey is going to integrate this. Perfect, of course, how easy, surely by now... just wipe my old Swiftkey account and sign in with a new MS one, reconfigure everything and voila...nope. Oh turns it on MS Swiftkey BETA. Ok ok...install, configure... oh no, BETA just removes the ability to specify a search engine and forces you to use Bing. Quality feature.
Oh there's an API that tweaks Swiftkey for this feature (and apparently many more amazing things).... step 1: root your phone....
ive configured my PC settings, the "Your Phone" app, the "Your Phone Companion" app, Reinstalled swiftkey, installed and configured Swiftkey Beta. For NOTHING. And anybody who gets wind of this feature for their "ANDROID" is going to google it (because Bing), assume it works, and waist hours. Absolutely unacceptable.
3 hours of troubleshooting, 30 minutes of writing this ticket, you owe me $437.50 plus tax. Where should I send my bill?
I can't write an at sign or Euro because it seems Swiftkey it's not recognizing Alt Gr key. I have been finding in all settings with no luck. Any suggestions?
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 T835
Keyboard: Tab S4 Book Cover Keyboard
Thanks in advance
I tried reporting this before, but it doesn't get fixed. Very frustrating...
1. The translator will sometimes just cut a translation in the middle, or ignore a word. This seems to happen when emojis are included in the text to be translated. In that case the fix is easy, just remove the emojis before translating...
2. Translator doesn't work if you try to translate a message that has already been translated. To reproduce: In WhatsApp for instance, copy one message, and translate. Close the translation. Copy the message again and translate, this time it doesn't translate.
How do I stop the alerts/notifications such as "check out new features of your SwiftKey keyboard" ? It's a new install but I've had the app before and I don't need these annoyances interrupting me.
My initial post about this got marked as "answered" without the issue being resolved, so I'd like to try to ask again. I very regularly use the voice-to-text feature in Swiftkey, almost as much as the keyboard itself. About a week and a half ago, one of the main features I use seems to have disappeared. There was a functionality when using the voice-to-text where you could tap on a word produced by the voice-to-text an it would pop up a small list of other things that word may have been. This was extremely useful since it made it easy to correct mistakes. Now that feature seems to no longer be available. Does anyone know of a way to get this feature back? It's a big enough deal to me that if it's gone for good I'm not sure Swiftkey is for me anymore. Thanks!
I think Swiftkey is a great keyboard on Android but it is lagging far away behind its main competitor Gboard when it comes to Chinese Cantonese Jyutping Input Method. After testing the keyboard for about a week, here is my observations :
1) It doesn't memorize new words.
2) While typing a sentence some very basic words won't appear on the "word suggestions". Simply put it's like the predictive text isn't working are isn't working consistently.
3) I also realize that a lots of characters are missing
I am using Swiftkey for Android and I have decided to use another keyboard for the moment since I just can't use the Cantonese Input on Swiftkey.
Is there a chance that the team behind update the keyboard fixing all these issues? I really enjoy using Swiftkey in general. Thank you
me gusta mucho este teclado y lo use por mucho tiempo, pero después de formatear mi teléfono una vez dejo de corregir los errores con una línea roja como lo hace Word en un Pc y no encuentro una opción para activarlo de vuelta, agradecería mucho que me pudieran ayudar.
First of all, let me say that swiftkey is a great keyboard.👌
I ask the swiftkey agents to add "Iranian Azerbaijani Turkish language" to the keyboard. (also known as "آذربایجان تۆرکجهسی" or "تۆرکجه")🤍
This language has at least 22 million speakers in Iran and also it has other speakers outside of Iran.
(This language is on the Google keyboard, We would be very happy if you add this language to the swiftkey program.)
Thanks a lot 🙏🌹
The following important keyboard features are missing or can not be controlled at all.
- Auto Space after Punctuation
- Spell Checker without Auto Correct enabled
- Writing Java Code is a nightmare because bit automatically changes symbols and spacing.
- The symbols Keyboard is absolutely disgusting 🤢 it doesn't follow regular qwerty standards.
- Important Symbols for writing are missing, like Dot Points for lists. hence the >(-) symbol
▪️ I'm an Emoji Dot Point
▪️ The accented characters only show 1 alternate characters
▪️ The AUTO SPELLING CORRECTION can not work out the 1 letter misspelt in a word could be a similar word, it's the basics of a mobile keyboard.
- The "System Spell Checker" option in Android 10 is not available until installing Gboard
- Users must Install Gboard and Disable it to utilise this application properly, on mu Huawei P30 Pro, I have no Gboard installed by default making it impossible to use the Android System Spell Checker in conjunction with Swift.
- The clipboard manager has no option for how long it should store clips, it just deletes them after you copy 4 or 5 things to the clipboard.
- Emoji Search is missing, something in nearly every keyboard on Android has available.
- The Emoji Screen is very old from Android 2.3 days, making selection very difficult and time consuming.
- The keyboard has Incognito Mode, something that scares users when it should be called " Low Telemetry Mode"
The dark themes I see all have black keys on a dark background, turning them almost invisible.
I have a screenshot, but can't upload it from the phone or the computer because an error message shows up (this forum's usability is really bad tbh...).
It seems like in the last few days my voice-to-text feature has gotten significantly worse. I don't know if this is a Swiftkey thing or a Google thing, but it started happening a few days ago after my phone installed an update and updated a bunch of apps at the same time. The interface looks a bit different, and there are a few significant changes:
- The timeout when I stop talking has drastically decreased, to the point where if I hesitate even a tiny bit between words it stops listening.
- The guesses it makes are often way off, where before they were very reliable
- There was previously a feature where I could tap on a predicted word, and it would bring up a list of other guesses for the word, which was extremely useful when it got something wrong, but it doesn't appear to do that anymore.
- Previously I could hit backspace to delete the last word and it would stay in listening mode, now hitting backspace makes it stop listening.
I use the voice-to-text a ton, so if it's really this broken now it's sort of a dealbreaker for me with Swiftkey, which would be a bummer since I've really liked it up until now. Has anyone else experienced this change recently and found a way to fix it? For reference, I have a Samsung Galaxy s10 with fully updated OS and app. Thanks!
Lately I can't type anything any more because the keyboard thinks I'm touching two letters at once and inputs both of them, even though it makes no sense. It used to work very well, now I have to touch exactly the middle of each key every time. Please fix it or revert to the previous version.