The symbols (text you get when long-pressing a letter) on the Arabic keyboard is absolutely atrocious. I do not mean to be rude, but I have never experienced such a bad layout in any keyboard that I have tried (Xperia, Gboard, Go Keyboard, iOS keyboard, etc.) and I am shocked that a keyboard that is so well known such as Swiftkey is actually using this. Did you just decide to randomize symbols for the Arabic keyboard?
- Long-pressing ب (B) should give you پ (P), yet on swiftkey it shows "&" which is not even a recognized symbol in Arabic.
- Pressing ي gives ى, but not ئ. That is on the ذ for some reason.
- Looking for كَـ (G)? Well it is not on ک (K), that'll be on ط which does not make any sense at all.
- Long-pressing the top row of letters, while having the number row toggled on, still gives you numbers! That is not the case for the English keyboard.
- There is even a key dedicated specifically to semicolon... why waste space on this, especially that Arabic is less focused than English on such grammar meanwhile some commonly-used letters are not present
I really hope that you guys pay attention to this as Swiftkey has become the default keyboard on many devices in the Middle East (Xperia, Huawei, and maybe some more). The first thing my father and friends tell me when they use their keyboard is that they want to find a better keyboard (most of them use Arabic only).
I love this keyboard in English. It has the best prediction and auto-correct, but the Arabic keyboard sucks. All of this would be solved by using PC Arabic, but the keys are too narrow which makes them hard to press.