SwiftKey Symbols for Android is compatible with many popular text-to-speech engines, not limited to Acapela, eSpeak, Vocalizer, and Google.
If you're not hearing any audio or receive a "voice engine not enabled" notification, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:
- Open your device Settings
- Navigate to 'Accessibility'
- Tap 'Text-to-speech output'
- Ensure that a text-to-speech engine is selected under 'Preferred engine'. If nothing is listed we'd recommend downloading Google's text-to-speech app which is available for free from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.tts&hl=en.
- Tap the Settings Cog
- Check your native language is selected, and the associated voice data has been downloaded.
Next time you open SwiftKey Symbols audio playback should now be enabled, and the app will read back your sentences.