1 - What is Clipboard for iOS?
When typing with SwiftKey Keyboard for iOS, you have the option to copy text and save it for later use. This could be for a quick copy/paste job or something longer-form like an email or social media update.
The Clipboard can store a maximum of 10 clips. Each clip is limited to 1,000 characters in length.
The Clipboard itself is accessed by long pressing the emoji/globe icon.
2 - Adding clips
To copy text and add clips:
- Tap into a text field, highlight the text you want copied and select 'Copy'.
- Your copied text will appear in the prediction bar, tap the 'Save' prompt.
Look towards the emoji icon - you'll see a red dot. This indicates your clip has been added.
If you don't tap 'Save' your text will expire after 1 hour.
You can view all of your clips by visiting the Clipboard - here you'll also be able to save the last thing you copied.
3 - Edit and delete clips
To edit, delete and rearrange your saved clips:
- Long press the emoji icon and select Clipboard
- Tap 'Edit'
Now you have a choice - to delete:
- Press the red icon next to the clip you want to delete
- Confirm your selection by tapping 'Delete'
To rearrange your clips:
- Reorder your saved clips by long pressing and dragging up or down in the list.
As an alternative, it's possible to add, edit and delete clips by pulling down on the Clipboard and exposing the 'Manage your Clipboard' prompt.