Setting up your keyboard is a simple process of adding it to your Keyboards extensions.
First, you will need to download the SwiftKey application from the iOS App Store. Once downloaded, simply open the app and follow the instructions on the screen.
To enable SwiftKey on your phone, please follow these steps (which are also detailed in the Installer). You can also watch the instructional installation video at the bottom of this article.
- Open your settings menu and scroll down to General. Tap ‘General'
- Scroll down and tap to select ‘Keyboard’
- In this menu you will need to tap to select another menu for ‘Keyboards'
- Tap to choose ‘Add New Keyboard’
- Select ‘SwiftKey’
- Tap ‘SwiftKey - SwiftKey’
- Tap the toggle switch for ‘Allow Full Access’ then tap ‘Allow’ in the next dialogue box.
- Open up something that involves writing text, then tap the globe icon on your keyboard until SwiftKey appears. You will be able to tell it is selected because 'SwiftKey' will be written in the space bar.
Please note that once you first click SwiftKey under 3rd party keyboards, you are not yet finished, even though SwiftKey appears in your list of Keyboards. You still need to click into 'SwiftKey - SwiftKey' and enable Full Access to use SwiftKey. This is required to access all the features like predictions, settings, themes, languages, and your SwiftKey Account.
When you first enable the keyboard, the next time you open a text field, or you see any keyboard pop up, SwiftKey will not be the default. You will need to tap the globe icon to navigate through all your enabled keyboards until SwiftKey is the selected keyboard.
For a full explanation please watch this video:
Video captions are available here.