On rare occasions, an Android update can affect the application. Before reporting this to the Support Team, try reinstalling an updated version of SwiftKey Keyboard. Please note that you should sign into your SwiftKey Account and enable Backup & Sync to make sure that your personal language model gets saved and synced to a new version. Once you have done this, uninstall the application and re-download it from the Google Play Store. Simply sign back into your SwiftKey Account to sync your language model again.
If the problem persists, please report this to the Support Team by clicking the 'Submit a Request' button on this page. In your description please be sure to include:
- Your SwiftKey Keyboard version, which can be found by opening the SwiftKey app, then tapping the menu button (three dots) in the top right hand corner and then tapping ‘About’
- Your current Android OS version
- The make and model of your device
- Detailed steps as to what exactly you did / do to experience this crash
- The exact text of any error you see
We will get back to you as soon as possible letting you know if we need any other information or have a solution.