Within SwiftKey for Android, there are three available options with regards to how the spacebar functions.
- (No autocorrect selected) Spacebar will always insert a space – This means that pressing the spacebar will not affect your predictions or what you are typing. It will simply function as a spacebar. Your words will not be corrected or completed unless you tap the prediction buttons.
- (Autocorrect selected) Spacebar will complete the current word– Selecting this option means that pressing spacebar when typing a word will automatically enter the middle prediction. If you are not currently typing, then spacebar will simply enter a space, or a period if a space is already present (uncheck 'Quick period' to disable this).
- (Auto insert prediction selected) Spacebar will always insert a prediction – Selecting this option means that pressing spacebar always enters the middle word prediction (plus one space), including next words. The option will never enter a space alone.
To change the function of your spacebar (adjust your autocorrection settings), please follow the below steps.
- Go into SwiftKey Settings
- Tap 'Typing'
- Tap 'Typing & Autocorrect'