SwiftKey Flow allows you to write by gliding your finger on the keyboard. This is also referred to as "swiping."
When you Flow, SwiftKey offers you three possible predictions at a time. This allows you to:
- Select one of the three predictions by selecting the word. This will insert the word followed by a space
- Continue Flowing your next word - this will insert the middle prediction and auto add a space for you
- Start tap typing. This will also insert the middle prediction and also auto add a space for you
You can switch seamlessly between flowing and tapping the keys - there’s no need to change modes.
SwiftKey Flow also allows you to Flow through space. You can glide your finger over a word, move down to the spacebar, and flow the next word, all without lifting a finger.
You can disable/enable Flow with SwiftKey Keyboard for Android by following the below steps:
- Open the SwiftKey Hub
- Go to the 'Settings' pane, tap 'More'
- Tap 'Typing'
- Select 'Typing & Autocorrect'
- Tap into 'Gesture input'
- Check/uncheck Flow
Please note: Flowing is not available in text fields where SwiftKey does not offer predictions, for example password fields or the “to” field of an email, or in some apps with code that clashes with SwiftKey’s predictions.
It is not currently possible to disable both flow and gestures, but do feel free to request this by letting us know here.