We focus quite heavily on performance and speed in every build of the app. To ensure you get the very best experience we recommend you've installed the most current update available in the Google Play Store.
If your SwiftKey Keyboard is slowing down this may be due to one of several reasons:
- There are apps consuming too much memory so the keyboard can't use enough to work quickly. This happens when you have multiple high memory usage apps running, so if you have these kinds of apps open, try closing them.
- You're using performance-optimising apps that don't allow SwiftKey to run to its full potential.
- The phone is a lower-end device and does not have enough memory to be used by the keyboard. If this is a hardware limitation, there is very little that can be done. Closing the app (by switching keyboards or stopping it manually) will force everything to reload and free-up some memory, but the initial load will be slow.
- You're using multiple languages and have Flow enabled. Try sticking to one language and disabling Flow.
- Sometimes we recommend clearing the app cache, as this can help as a last resort but we wouldn't normally recommend this as a solution for lag.