Users who previously submitted their Apple ID and information should receive an email from TestFlight about beta testing SwiftKey with an iOS Beta. All users will need to use their Apple ID when registering for TestFlight. Please follow the steps below to log in for the first time.
- Follow the link in the email from 'iTunes Store' inviting you to test SwiftKey Keyboard
- This should prompt you to download the TestFlight app from the App Store (if you don't already have it)
- Once installed, you should now be able to install the beta from TestFlight
If the app doesn't appear, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Ensure that you have the correct version of TestFlight installed. If you used a previous version of TestFlight then you may not have the correct app from the App Store. To check this, make sure the app icon has 3 blades on the propellor.
- Ensure that the email address of your Apple ID listed in the TestFlight app is the same as the one which your invitation email was sent to. If they are different, then you will need to ensure that you are logged into the App Store on your phone with the same Apple ID that you signed up to the beta with.
- Make sure that you open the link from the email in Safari. If you use an email app such as Gmail or Yahoo then you need to manually copy the link from the email and paste it into the Safari address bar. Many email apps also have the ability to export the link to Safari after pressing it.