Are you experiencing issues with your Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard?
Please make sure you are running the latest version of Microsoft SwiftKey. To check this, tap Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard in the app list, then ‘About Microsoft SwiftKey’ from underneath ‘Information.’ If you are not on this version, please upgrade by visiting the Google Play Store and locating Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard.
Please try the below steps once you have confirmed you are on the latest version of Microsoft SwiftKey.
- Open the Microsoft SwiftKey app
- Tap 'Account'
- Log out of your Microsoft SwiftKey Account
- Sign back in
- Select 'Backup & Sync' and press the refresh key to force a sync
- Go to your Device 'Settings' and then 'App Manager' or 'Apps'
- Scroll down to 'Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard' and select it from the list
- Select 'Storage', then tap to clear cache and data
- Open your Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard and re-adjust settings as necessary
Note: This will clear all data and saved language from the application. But as long as you're signed-in to your Microsoft SwiftKey Account, you won't lose any previously-saved data.
If the above did not work, please try deleting Microsoft SwiftKey and reinstalling from the Google Play Store. This often irons out any issues that might be impacting performance.
If you need further assistance/these steps did not work, please contact us by submitting a support ticket here (opens in a new window).