When typing with SwiftKey Keyboard for Android, you have the option to copy text and save it for later use. This could be for a quick copy/paste job or something longer form like an email or social media update. Whatever the case, it works for a short term or long term saving of text selections on your phone.
Copy text to your Clipboard
There are two ways to copy text.
Tap into a text field, highlight the text you want copied and select 'Copy'.
- Tap the 'hamburger' menu (represented by the three lines) found at the far left of the prediction bar
- Tap the Clipboard icon and press the 'Edit Clipboard' button
- Click + to add a new clip
- Type your text into the 'Clip content' field. Tap 'Save'
Paste from your Clipboard
- Tap the 'hamburger' menu at the far left of the prediction bar
- Tap the Clipboard icon. This is where you'll find your saved clips
- Tap on a clip to paste into your text field
How to delete Clipboard contents
From the Clipboard itself, a quick swipe left or right will delete a saved clip. This can be reversed by tapping 'Undo' immediately after.
Manage your saved clips
Your clips can be pinned to the top of your Clipboard by selecting the pin icon to the right of each selection. Pin copied clips to stop them expiring after 1 hour.
You can also reorder your clips by long-pressing and dragging up or down in the list.