The feature allows you to create a shortcut to any phrase you've saved on the Clipboard. So if you tire of typing out your address why not add it as a shortcut instead? It doesn't need to be limited to that, use it for any of your most commonly-used phrases to save even more time.
How to create a Shortcut
- Tap the 'hamburger' menu (represented by the three lines) found at the far left of the prediction bar
- Tap the Clipboard icon and press the 'Edit Clipboard' button. Any clips you've previously saved will appear here
- Tap onto a clip and enter some text into the shortcut field. For example: use something memorable like 'Home1' for your address details. Remember to tap 'Save' when done
Using a Shortcut
When you type a shortcut your clip content will appear on the prediction bar. Tap on it to insert it into the conversation.
How to edit or delete a Shortcut
- Tap into the clip containing the shortcut you wish to remove.
- Erase the text in the shortcut field (or replace it with something else). Tap 'Save'.
See here for more info about using the Clipboard