For those times when text just isn't enough, stickers are just one of the ways, your Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard allows you to express yourself in more than just words.
1 - How to access Microsoft SwiftKey Stickers
It's easy to get at all the cool stickers your Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard offers:
From the Toolbar
- Toolbar can be opened by tapping the icon to the left of the prediction bar.
- Select the 'Stickers' icon.
From the dedicated emoji key
- The dedicated emoji key is located on your keyboard, tap it and choose the 'Stickers' icon.
2 - Adding a Sticker to your conversation
Before you begin to delight your friends with stickers you'll first need to download some sticker packs or design one yourself.
At the time of writing we offer an assortment of different sticker packs. Plus there's the option to use your own image to create something unique, so you'll be discovering new favorites all the time!
Downloading a Sticker Pack
Scroll top and bottom to view the sticker packs available.
Press the download icon on right (you'll only have to do this once for each pack).
Tap on a sticker to select it from the pack.
Creating your own Sticker save them in your Collection.
- Go to the Sticker panel (tap the sticker icon at the top right corner in the emoji panel)
- Press the 'Star' icon at the bottom of the Sticker panel (this is the Collection panel)
- Tap the 'Create' button to start creating your Stickers
You can also add text or pin your sticker to your Collection for later use. Press the 'Send' icon when you're done.
Because stickers are built into your Microsoft SwiftKey Keyboard, you can use them in practically any app you like.
3 - Edit and add text to your Sticker
Tap the 'T+' icon to add text to your sticker.
Tap into the text box that appears.
Type your caption. Press 'Done' when you're finished.
Drag the boundary box to reposition your text on your Sticker. You can resize the text by long-pressing the small blue square.
Tap the 'X' to close the Sticker preview.
4 - Pin Stickers to your Collection
Your Collection is a place where all of the Stickers you've saved and created live.
Any Stickers you've created using your own images will be saved to your Collection by default.
If you've added text to a sticker from a pack (and wish to save it for later use), tap the 'Star' icon to save to your Collection.
If you no longer wish to display the Sticker in your Collection, long press on it and choose 'Delete' when prompted.
5 - Frequently Asked Questions
- It's not possible to add text to animated stickers.
- Text colour and font style can't be customised at this time.
- Sticker Packs have been designed to be downloaded quickly. However, we will remind you to connect to WiFi to avoid using your data. If a download fails we'll prompt you to try again.