Yiddish keyboard is missing several common characters
SwiftKey's Yiddish keyboard lacks the following letters, digraphs and punctuation marks:
- pey with a dagesh (U+05E4 + U+05BC) פּ
- tof with a dagesh (U+05EA + U+05BC) תּ
- khirek yud (U+05D9 + U+05B4) יִ
- tsvey vovn digraph (U+05F0) װ
- tsvey yudn digraph (U+05F2) ײ
- vov yud digraph (U+05F1) ױ
- makef as a hyphen (U+05BE) ־
Yes, I know Yiddish orthography is a matter of debate, but that's not why I'm here. I just think it would just be useful to have access to a complete set of Yiddish characters. Right now I have to alternate between SwiftKey's Yiddish keyboard and Google's lacklustre Hebrew keyboard to type in Standard Yiddish.
Please sign in to leave a comment.