Beta Keyboard issues that I'm having
First off, I'd like to say this is the best keyboard on the market and I've been using it for many years now. I am currently having a few issues with my beta keyboard running the most recent version.
The first one, in the last month or so, every time I type the word "I'm" it shows on the screen that it was the word I wrote but then it immediately changes the word to "I" and then messes up the next word that I type following it.
Next, in relation to the word "I"... Is there any way to make that letter when used alone a capital letter automatically? When typing words like "I'd" "I've" "I'm" "I'll" or any other contraction beginning with I, it knows to automatically capitalize it, but when typing I by itself it always leaves it in the lowercase form. Small issue, but I too lazy to hit the shift button every time and generally just leave it lowercase.
The final thing, and I've noticed it in googling if other people are having similar issues as myself, so I know there's at least conversation about it, but not positive if it's been posted on here... Every time I type a word and need it capitalized, it appears that it saves it in my dictionary as if it's a new word, and I believe that because of this having two entries for the same word, it gets confused whenever you type that word again. Many times it will automatically capitalize that word when you type it again mid-sentence and it looks weird and makes you look dumb if you're like me and too lazy most of the time to go back and change it when you notice that it's happened. Still, it doesn't always capitalize it, so that's why I believe that it creates a second entry and then randomly chooses which one you pick, or maybe it decides based on the words you've typed preceding the capitalized word. Would be great to have the dictionary only allow one entry for the same word regardless of case. This didn't used to be such an issue, but the longer and longer I've used the keyboard, the more times I may have capitalized more words, so now after using for so long, this issue comes up very frequently, usually once within every 4-8 messages. It's just a bit of a nuisance.
Thanks for taking the time to read my issues and I hope you're able to get some type of fix to address them.
I am currently running the latest version of SwiftKey Beta (184.108.40.206)... I do not have the Standard version of the app installed as your Playstore description suggests... because I've never had any real issues using the Beta app (and I've been using Beta since you first came out with it), however I believe I'm going to install Standard today to see if any of these issues have already been fixed or do not exist.
I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S8 + running Android Nougat version 7.0.