Updating Chinese handwriting with SwiftKey beta 6.6.6
In an effort to improve Chinese handwriting, we have decided to combine the handwriting model to work with the Chinese variants (China, Taiwan & Hong Kong), reducing the storage consumption.
As part of this change, beta users who previously had installed Chinese handwriting will have a non-functioning handwriting layout until the entire Chinese language pack is disabled, deleted, reinstalled, and handwriting model re-downloaded. None of your language data will be lost in this process. Alternatively, you can just reinstall SwiftKey if maintaining your language data and settings is not important.
You will have two ways of making sure you get the newest model
(1) How to delete and redownload the model
- Open SwiftKey Settings
- Toggle the language pack off
- Long press to delete your current Chinese variant language model
- Pull to refresh the language list
- Redownload the variant(s) of your choice
- Re-enable Chinse handwriting after the language pack has finished downloading
(2) Reinstall SwiftKey
- Just uninstall and reinstall SwiftKey